St. John United Methodist Church is accepting resumes for the following position. Please email resumes to email@example.com or mail them to 457 County Road 7; Florence, Alabama 35633.
Position Title: Church Secretary/Receptionist
Immediate Supervisor: Pastor
Position Summary: Provide secretarial support to the pastor, staff members and committee chairpersons.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Serves as receptionist for church office, receiving visitors, answering phone, and receiving calls.
2. Serves as typist for church business, including weekly bulletins, notices to members, conference reports, and the monthly newsletter.
3. Maintain records necessary for church activities including church calendar, committee minutes, church property check out, membership list, and memorials.
4. Maintain office and supplies.
5. Assist pastor and other staff members in duties assigned.
6. Assist the pastor, other staff and committee chairpersons in the performance of their jobs. (Typing, making copies, confirming appointments, etc.)
7. Record attendance and compile a list of visitors.
8. Distribution and stocking for the Food Pantry ministry.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required, along with needed secretarial skills. Knowledge of general office equipment including photocopier, calculator, and computer for word processing if necessary.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities –
a. Ability to type letters, bulletins, etc.
b. Ability to set up and maintain a filing system.
c. Ability to prepare accurate reports.
d. Ability to perform routine office details without referral to the supervisor.
e. Knowledge and ability to answer telephone correctly and with a courteous and pleasant voice.
f. Learn and have knowledge of the general operation and program of the United Methodist denomination and this local church.
Salary and Benefits –
1. Salary to be determined by the Staff Parish committee based on 20 hours per week. Normal work hours will be 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
2. One week paid vacation after one year for the first two years, then becoming two weeks. Vacation should be coordinated with the pastor. There will be 9 paid holidays per year, during which the church office will be closed (New Year’s Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and the day after, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.)
3. Sick/personal leave will be a maximum of 5 days per year.